breastfeeding a newborn-part 1

5

Written on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 by mummyvaio

when i was pregnant with sayangku,i already made up my mind to breastfeed her.i read a few web page about breastfeeding,n thought it wouldn't be such a hard work...when sayangku was born,we were separated almost half a day before i could hug n feed her...everytime we asked the nurse for our baby...she said that the baby was not warm yet...being a new mother who does not know anything,i just wait patiently for her.she was brought to me about 8pm...n she was sleeping...n i could not help wonder if the nurse have given her any formula milk...when my family came to visit...she woke up n cried a little...my mum told me to pick her up n gave her my breast...n i did...that is where it all started.she sucked a little n quickly fell asleep again.my milk had not come yet at that time,so i don't think that she will suck for a long time.the first time felt wierd actually...to see this small creature at my breast..n her being quickly asleep...does not match the picture i saw in magazines...hummm....bout 11pm the nurse took her back to the nursery because she had a high temperature...n i was dissappointed again to be seperated from her.next morning i got her back about 9 am.i was alone in the room.everytime she cried i would pick her up n give her my breast.but she would not suck long...n quickly fell asleep again..( after a few months i learned that sumtimes baby born with ventouse help would feel dizzy,n spent the first few days sleeping...that could led to jaundice then..) the nurse came in n asked if she had any milk n if i have any milk in my breast..i told her what happened,n she came back with a bottle of fomula milk n told me to give it to my baby if she woke up.after that my parents in law came.everytime the baby cried i would give her my breast n ignore the bottle.at noon the nurse came back n asked us about the bottle...n we get a scolding for not giving her a bottle!at last my mother in law gave her the bottle,n she drank it till its empty...n my heart broke to see that scene...even if it was for a good cause...we got back home to my mum's...i felt better because my mum will insist me to breastfeed her no matter what other people said or think,but that will be another story...so do not feel sad if ur first breastfeeding moment is not as beautiful as shown in the magazine...some people just had a few bumpy ride before it goes smoothly...don't be discourage...always pull urself up back,because that is what mums are...brave people!believe me!next will be my breastfeeding story during confinement...later ya!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

5 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    hi ya!i preferred to be anonymous then.is it okay..if no.just call me with wat ever name u want.jgn yg teruk2 sudah.hihi..
    niway, back to the breast feeding part,since i have medical background (tp bukan doc ya),i highly promote all mummy to breastfeed.terlalu banyak benefit breast feed e.g melambatkn menstrual (so,lmbtla dpt baby baru),reduce risk of breast cancer,easiest method to lose few kilos, baby yg breastfeed xmudah kena penyakit,berat bdn pon bole tahan tp less chance utk jd obese..dan byk lagi la..
    sy stop breastfed mase baby 3months (baby xmo minum susu bdn dah)which made me quite frustrated tp xpe,there'll be next chances.
    keep on breastfeed ya!!!buat donno jek kalau sesape komplen.hihi

     
  2. mummyvaio |

    hello mummy anonymous!...yup breastfeeding have a lot of advantages..i gather a lot of info from la laeche league...my...my...i was ..n still amazed how good breastfeeding for our baby n us!!but of course u have to eat well so that ur baby will get all the nutriens..i would recommend mummy-to-be to surf laleche leaugue website..well,mummy anonymous..breastfeeding is our baby rezeki...mungkin rezekinya sampai situ..n rezeki pada makanan lain kan...i'm still breastfeeidng my 6mths...n hope to continue until at least 2 years...wish me luck ehhh!

     
  3. Fid |

    mummyvaio..
    good luck...
    choosing the BF-friendly hospital is the first step to success in BFeeding...
    But it's ok...no matter how it start the most important thing is the final result...
    BFeeding ni memang banyak dugaan tetapi bila kita dah 'terjebak' memang kita akan jadi 'tegar'...
    All the best to u...

     
  4. Fid |

    opss lupa..
    btw...akak nak link ur blog ya...onegaishimasu..

     
  5. mummyvaio |

    Thanks kak fid!ganbarimasu yo...mada mada ganbarimasu!breastfeeding is truly a joy...walaupon ade ups n downs..kan?

     

Post a Comment